Saturday 25 November 2017

Initial Interrogation Quiz - name that TV detective series...

I recently had fun devising a couple of rounds for a quiz night organised by my wife. Now that it's over, here's one of those rounds. The one-word titles of these 18 TV detective series consist of a surname, first name, middle name or the name of a place. Using the initial letter and the clue, give the programme title (you can find the answers below):

1.  K (lollipops)
2.  R (Edinburgh)
3.  I  (wheelchair)
4.  W (diabetes)
5.  L (dreaming spires)
6.  E (dreaming spires)
7.  L (Protestant)
8.  G (vicar)
9.  C (flower)
10. C (mac)
11. C (explosive)
12. B (Stockholm/beer)
13. S (Gerry Rafferty)
14. V (Land Rover)
15. W (pasties)
16. T (Glasgow)
17. S (Island)
18. M (OCD)

I've no idea how I would have done - but I reckon anything above 9 is decent, more than 12 is really good, and 15 or above means you probably need to get out more.

Here are the answers:

1.  Kojak
2.  Rebus
3.  Ironside
4. Wallander
5.  Lewis
6.  Endeavour
7.  Luther
8.  Grantchester
9.  Campion
10. Columbo
11. Cannon
12. Beck
13. Sherlock
14. Vera
15. Wycliffe
16. Taggart
17. Shetland
18. Monk

No comments:

Post a Comment