Saturday 4 June 2016

Alastair Hilton's wonderfully evocative photographs remind me how lucky we are to live in Chiswick

A moody shot featuring one of Chiswick's many riverside pubs.

I don't know Alastair Hilton, but another Chiswick resident (Nigel Walley) tweeted some of his photos earlier today, and I was smitten. I don't get out much these days, and I'd rather forgotten what a gloriously diverse and lovely part of the world's greatest city this is: Alastair Hilton's splendid photographs reminded me of what I've been missing. Many of them are panoramic, a format to which this site doesn't really lend itself, but, if want to see them in a more sympathetic setting, I'll provide links at the end. This is Wheeler's, our local flower shop:



This is a view of the entrance of our church, St. Michael and All Angels, on the left, and the Tabard Inn on the right:


I'll allow the rest to speak for themselves:





I haven't asked Mr. Hilton's permission to reproduce his photographs - but I hope he won't mind. You can see more of his work on Facebook and Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment