Friday 17 March 2017

Comics - is there anything they DON'T know?

Yes, indeed, Eric Idle - the lovable old madcap Python funster himself. So it's a joke, obviously. Only...


"The future of human life on the planet is vital." Damn, why didn't I think of that? It's just so astonishingly meaningful and insightful, and full of something else I can't quite put my finger on. Or step in. 

So how does the great chucklemeister know that climate change is a "grave danger"? Does he have any proof? Has he read extensively and made himself an expert at the subject? No need:


98%? I thought the accepted lie was 97%? Perhaps the vanishing 1% have already been found guilty of crimes against humanity by the World Court in Beverly Hills, and executed.  I look forward to the day (it can't be far off) when some actor, pop singer or comedian assures us that 101% of scientists agree that climate change is real. I'll leave the last word on Mr. Idle's brilliant contribution to the commenter who posted this:
Or it would have been if I hadn't happened upon this tweet from April Ryan, the White House correspondent and Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks:
Er...? I mean, really? I couldn't possible comment on the cosmic levels of confusion and ignorance displayed in this asinine tweet, so I'll leave it to Hattie McDaniel:
I suspect that at least 98% of scientists would agree with the great actress on this issue. 

Meanwhile, the BBC's North America editor, Jon Sopel, has gone full Rachel Maddow. She's the MSNBC programme host who triumphantly published Donald Trump's 2005 tax returns earlier this week, only for her stunt to backfire when someone pointed out that The Donald had paid a larger percentage of his income in tax than Barack Obama or Bernie Sanders. Sopel has been all over the place discussing Trump's claim that his office was bugged on Obama's orders during the election campaign. There was one radio two-way yesterday afternoon in which the manner of Sopel's sneering, jeering dismissal of the current President's claims bore an uncanny resemblance to that of the shouty North Korean female "news" presenter who regularly denounces The Supreme Leader's myriad enemies as if conducting a show trial. Obama's gone, Jon. And Hillary lost. Unbelievable, I know, and so, so unfair -  but it really is time for you to move on.

Come to think of it, it would be better for the rest of us if Sopel, Eric Idle, Rachel Maddow, April Ryan and all the other left-liberal crybullies on both sides of the Atlantic just carried on as usual, because their ongoing inability to face up to reality makes it less and less likely that their side will get its act together any time soon. Remember: 
I'm not a Trump fan, but now and then I read something which almost makes me a believer. Like this:
Now, that sounds like a real Bonfire of the Quangos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment