Thursday 8 September 2011

A sense of histrionics

I was trawling through TV channels the other night just before going to bed when I caught a few minutes of a modern American film set in what I think was meant to be a sweaty South American jungle. A group of Americans were walking through the jungle, looking worried. I can’t remember the exact dialogue – or even remember the name of the film – but it went something like this:


Geeky scientist: “People first inhabited this area 10,000 years ago. They cleared the jungle, built fantastic temples. And then just disappeared. No one know what happened to them.”

He-Man Adventurer Type: “That’s enough histrionics.”

Concurring, I switched off and went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. At least he didn't say "That's enough histrionics, going forward."
    Friday, September 9, 2011 - 06:50 AM

    ReplyDelete