Tuesday 8 September 2015

Gardar Jonsson's photos of Iceland may be the most Nordic ever taken anywhere (hat-tip: Mike Smartt)


I came across these marvellous pictures by Gardar Jonsson on Facebook. All I know about him is that he lives in Reykjavik, and works at Loftleidir Icelandic, part of the Icelandic Air Group, and for the Icelandic Coast Guard. Hazarding a wild guess, I'd say he might be an Icelander. He certainly has a great eye for a picture and wields a mean camera (I presume these are his own photos, but they could be a compilation from various sources.) Whenever I've seen Iceland on television, it's always looked too bleak and forbidding, even for a lover of Nordicness like me - but here, it looks utterly ravishing (if, indeed, these are all photos of Iceland - whatever, they're stunning).


I've pinched these photos without permission: I hope Mr. Jonsson doesn't mind. You can find all of these and more of his pictures here









No comments:

Post a Comment