Wednesday 5 December 2012

Biased BBC contributor comes up with an excellent idea for a new sitcom, "My New Family"

I enjoyed this contribution from commenter As I See It on today's latest Open Thread on the excellent Biased BBC website:
I hear the BBC has just commissioned a replacement for the popular teatime comedy My Family
With a nod toward the US hit Modern Family the BBC will unveil My New Family

Set somewhere near Salford, Laurie Penny is the sassy gothy daughter and Owen Jones the chavvie but right-on elder son. 
Richard Bacon and Clare Balding are cast as the typical mum and dad. 
Trevor Phillips runs the cornershop and Shami Chakrabrti lives next door. 
Giles Fraser is the gay vicar, Paul Mason the odd uncle with the catchphrase ‘it’s kicking off everywhere’. 
I’m guessing Mason could be what the Yanks call a ‘breakout character’ who gets his own spin off show.

If you don't know who any of these people are, believe me, you're very, very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment