Wednesday 23 November 2011

A musical Birthday Card and a brand new release from The Flying Bastardo Brothers!

One of my favourite groups, The Flying Bastardo Brothers, have very kindly sent me the following musical greeting for my recent birthday":
     
Much appreciated, you Bastardos!

Not only that, but they've also done a beautifully delicate and haunting version of the timeless Beatles classic "In My Life", with some terrific multi-part harmony singing:

I really wish I could sing like that! Just to prove definitively that I can't, here's the latest outing from The Fulminators, a cover of the Joe Babcock-penned "I Washed My Hands in Muddy Water", which, bizarrely, was turned down by Marty Robbins - for whom it was written - but which was later recorded by a host of artists, including Johnny Rivers, Charlie Rich and, of course, Elvis Presley:

No comments:

Post a Comment